When do you become an adult? Some say 18.. I say you're an adult when you are able to provide the material means (income) to support yourself in the world - when you make enough money in your chosen field, whatever it may be, to pay all your own expenses. You can afford the rent on your own place and pay the electricity, water, and sewer bill. You pay your own car payment, car insurance, gasoline, groceries, toiletries, hair cuts, makeup, clothes, laundry costs, medical insurance - doctor co-payments and prescriptions, and your own telephone bill. And if there's any money left over, you pay your own entertainment expenses - eating out, movies, and whatever else you have in mind. When you can do all that, provide completely for your own material needs, without resorting to borrowing, begging. stealing or prostituting yourself, you're an adult, and not before. You're not an adult until you can stand on your own and support yourself in this world. And age has very little...
"If I told you that when you woke up tomorrow you could do anything, with anybody and be anywhere you wanted, what would you do? There are no constraints whatsoever. This has nothing to do with being reasonable or sensible. ...The idea is not to set this up as your goal, but it’s to clarify the kind of things you really want out of life. People are absolutely brilliant at compromising their hopes and dreams and trust me, it’s a crap thing to do so don’t be one of them." - Tim Brownson at The Discomfort Zone I know very few people who've always known what they were meant to do with their lives. I met a guy when I was in college at UTA. He was going to be an accountant. He had grown up wanting to be an accountant. I'm sure that by now he is as he predicted and aspired to be... an accountant. And I know of one other. She has been an actor since the day she was born. She's known it since she was 5 years old. And she is convinced and convicted to be one. It's what...
I SO need a way to jump-start my weight loss. Left to my own devices, I've let my weight slowly creep back toward my last starting point with Weight Watchers . Yes, I could go back to Weight Watchers, and I may yet. But for now, I want something that will show me quick results. To that end, I was using Stumble!Upon during a lag in productive computer activity, and ran across the General Motors Weight Loss Diet Program . Although it has components of a fad diet - restricted food lists, elimination of entire food groups on a temporary basis - it also promises weight loss of 10-17 pounds over 7 days. Wouldn't that be nice? And to boot, it doesn't have you eat weird and far-out foods. It relies on real foods, the ones we all know we're supposed to eat more of anyway - fruits and vegetables. Now starting out, I know that I may not do the full 7 days at one shot. I have a birthday party to attend on Day 6. After debating whether to wait until after the birthday party to atte...
Comments
Post a Comment